1. Networking. Get out there more in my blog community. This means, it's time to go back and do some of the early things I did on my first blog, when I networked. Oh yeah... Networking. You know, leave comments, emails, read other posts, offer up something interesting.
2. Blog more consistently... again. Yeah.. I go on and off. Sometimes I do it more regularly and sometimes less so. I started this blog as a way to explore my writing, and other aspects of my creativity. So, it's time to get back into it. That is, unless something else comes up, and I have less time. Then I'll mark that off this list. In the meantime, I'm trying out the Daily Post challenge, in order to try and motivate me to get on it. We'll see.
3. Ok, enough of blog stuff. Back to writing. Just a couple of years ago, I started writing this book. But my other jobs keep me away from it. Damn them. But you know life is hard for a woman*. And if you want to be a part of it, the way I've grabbed it by the crotch, you have to juggle many things. But writing is a priority, and I must make time.. so I hereby dedicate 2 days a week, 2-4 hours, for just plain old writing!
And now for a small intermission.
I once made this list to put in perspective what I like to describe as my roles in life:
woman • WIFE • mother • creative
WRITER • painter • BLOGGER • chauffeur
designer • treasurer • accountant
council • FRIEND • daughter • COACH
mediator • motivator • therapist • TEACHER
cleaning lady • SHOPPER • cook • photographer
LOVER • student • BAKER
Ok.. back to my resolutions
4. I really need to take myself, the dog, and the kids to the dentist and the dermatologist. (yes I know that's boring.. but it's something I've been putting off)
5. PURGE. This means, go through and toss what's not important, and organize what is. I'm feeling a bit like I need things organzied and clean around me. Momma needs a clean house or I can't think!! and All that shit shoved under the bed is starting to bug me. What is it? And why is it there!!!
6. Ok, everyone always has a health thing to add. Well, I've been doing pilates (or physiotherapy 2 times a week because of my back) and tennis twice. SO I know I'm getting exercise the good way. But I want to pump it up! I want to get on a routine that involves more sweat. SO that's one thing. Another is, I really want to try and drink only on the weekends. Just give myself a break during the week. I need to start small. A full detox thing, just ain't gonna work for me right now.
7. Generally, I need to structure my time better so I can do all these things I want, and feel satisfied at the end of the day.
8. Go to Europe with the family this year!
9. Ride my bike even more!!! I'm really into it. LOVE IT!!!
10. Maybe find a cooking class.. or just start cooking more. Less ordering in!!
Ok, that's enough. I'm getting bored of this. Maybe I'll check in, in 6 months and let you know how I'm doing on this. What about you? Any specific plans??? Resolutions??? Leave me a comment and let me know!
And now, with just less than two hours to spare on the first day of 2011, I wish you Happy New Years!!!