These are the silk pants I made last spring. I'm pretty sure I posted this photo of me modeling them, but not sure if I posted the few photos I took while constructing them. What I usually do, is take a pattern, and then customize it. A lot of the instructions on these patterns aren't very clear, so I improvise anyway. Recently, I learned how to do a double welted pocket, which I'll show in another post. But these call for standard side pockets, zipper and my addition, tuxedo stripe. I have a few problems when I'm sewing. I don't have a Serger, so my edges are not the prettiest. That's on my wish list for next year. And, I don't always choose the most forgiving materials. For example, these pants would be better if they had just a slight stretch. But, they still look hot.
|After adding the tuxedo strip.|
|Getting ready to bring the together...|
|Getting ready to add zipper|
|Basted for a change. It really helps keep things in place!|
|Perfectly alighted zipper. Sucky edges.|
|waist band being added|